shadow




 

Bethany Trust Fund

"Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over; will be poured into your lap. --Luke 6:38 (NIV)

History & Purpose
Since its organization in 1950, Bethany United Methodist Church has become dear to the hears of its members and others whose help strengthen the church so that it may continue to empower its ministry even in difficult economic times, the Bethany Trust Fund was established in 1989 specifically for the purpose of "providing a permanent fund to yield income for fulfilling the purposes of Bethany's Christian ministry and mission." In addition, the Fund provides a way to remember and honor friends and loved ones with living memorials and tributes.


Management & Investment of Funds

The funds are administered by Bethany’s Board of Trustees through a Trust Fund Committee. The committee consists of three lay members, the senior pastor, and ex-officio advisory member representing the administrative and ministry committees of the church. The committee is charged with making investment decisions, preparing an annual report and employing profession advisors, as necessary. Currently the funds are being invested and managed with the United Methodist Foundation of the Texas Annual Conference.


Trust Fund Objective

The Trust Fund Committee’s objectives are to provide:

  • Regular income at a reasonable rate.
  • Reasonable and adequate growth of principal while not incurring significant risk to the principal.

How Gifts Are Used

Gifts are added to the permanent principal. Because the funds are permanent, only earnings are distributed for actual use. This ensures donors that each gift will make a lasting contribution throughout the life of Bethany United Methodist Church. Up to 90% of the earnings may be withdrawn each year to be used for the purpose of Bethany’s Christian ministry and mission. The remaining 10% of the yearly earnings is added to and becomes part of the permanent principal.


How to Make a Gift

Gifts of any size are welcome. Ongoing gifts can be made in addition to current pledges or commitments, or one-time gifts can be made in honor or memory of a special person or event. Acknowledgements are mailed to both donors and honorees (or the next of kin). Checks may be made payable to: Bethany Trust Fund.
Other possibilities for donation include:

Stocks Gift
Annuities
Bequests (Wills)

Retirement Plans
Life Insurance
Personal Property

EXPLORE


Sunday Schedule Make a Prayer Request
Directions
Counseling Login
Join Bethany
Member Login
Serve Others
Resources
Watch Sermons

HOMEBUTTON1

Look at upcoming events.
See what’s going on at Bethany and jump in!

homebutton2

What people are saying.

Click here to read testimonials from
Bethany members: Hearts for Ministry

homebutton3

Where do I fit in?
Check out all our ministries and find your place!

Donate now.
Make a contribution or your pledge payment online.
PPECHECK